Thursday, October 29, 2009

Q & A

Thursday, in Unmatched Questions Asked and Answers Given

Q: Is there a tree map I could borrow?  Whose is finished?

A: Yes, I text.  Sometimes.  Not much.

Q: What's the difference between writing for school
 and the other writing that you do?

A: It's smoked salmon and cream cheese on rice cakes.

Q: OK, should we listen to Icelandic music
 or French music during work time?

A: You have to use the evidence from the play to support it. 
You've already found it; now you just have to use it!

Q: Has anyone seen M?  Her binder's here, but she is not.

A: Yes, I understand some Spanish.  Enough to
know that I don't like what you're saying.

Q: What are the rules of that other writing? 
What does a winking symbol really mean?  I mean, really? 
Or LOL?  Does it really mean that you're laughing out loud?

A: Thesis and essay and paragraph
are like the bones of your writing:
I should be able to tell that they are there,
but I don't want to see those words in your writing. 
Can you actually see any bones right now? 
If you see bones, there's a problem.

Q: "Out the cut"?  What does that mean?  Where is she, really?

A: You don't need "I" in the essay. 
It's not about you.  It's about characters

Q: Do you have any evidence for that statement?  Show me.

A: I do believe you.  I'm sure you can do a front-flip.
  I just don't want you to right now.  We're inside.

Q: Do you want tea?  I'm making some.

2 comments:

Mike Lu said...

Mornin' Ms. McSweeney. :)

Kristi said...

I'm going to take that as a compliment.

Influenced? Definitely.